Prescribed Fire Coordination
Prescribed Fire Work Group was formed by the NE RSC to promote an increase in the amount of beneficial fire on the landscape (prescribed and “managed” fire – where legally allowed, and utilizing smoke management best practices). This work group will explore and implement solutions to improve coordination for prescribed fire in the Northeast – with a purpose of sharing information and providing support for sub-regional and state activities.
Additional information about prescribed fire coordination can be found at:
- Coalition of Prescribed Fire Councils The Coalition’s core mission is to promote the appropriate use of prescribed fire for enhancing public safety, managing resources, and sustaining environment quality. In addition, the Coalition encourages and facilitates the organization of prescribed fire councils in states that lack active councils.
- 2018 National Prescribed Fire Use Survey Report Technical Report 03-18. Prepared by the Coalition of Prescribed Fire Councils, Inc.
- 2021 National Prescribed Fire Use Report. Prepared by the National Coalition of Prescribed Fire Councils, Inc.
Northeast-Midwest Regional Prescribed Fire Council Coordinating Group
Northeast-Midwest Regional Prescribed Fire Council Coordinating Group – This webpage is dedicated to providing information and resources in support of the prescribed fire councils in the 20 Northeast and Midwest states. The NE-MW Regional Prescribed Fire Council Coordinating Group (NEMWRPFCCG) is a regional group of the National Coalition of Prescribed Fire Councils.
- Provide a forum for all wildland fire management partners to share region-wide, science-based, fire ecology information oriented
toward expanding and maintaining the use of prescribed fire across all landscapes, jurisdictions, and fire-dependent ecosystems.
to coordinate and support implementation of the National Cohesive Wildland Fire Management Strategy across the 20 Northeast and Midwest states.
- Provide an opportunity for scientists, managers, and practitioners across the 20-state region to share prescribed fire related experiences, successes, and potential solutions to implementation challenges.
- Provide an opportunity for agency leaders and managers to interact with state prescribed fire councils and other key partners.
- Serve has a model for future annual or biennial workshops.
Northeast Prescribed Fire Resource Guide
Northeast Prescribed Fire Resource Guide – This guide has been developed by the Northeast Regional Cohesive Strategy Committee (RSC) Prescribed Fire Work Group and is intended to be an information source for prescribed fire managers and practitioners, or those interested in learning more about prescribed fire, to locate information about prescribed fire organizations, resources, research, best practices and educational and training opportunities in the 20 Northeast and Midwest states.