This website is dedicated to providing information and resources in support of the prescribed fire councils in the 20 Northeast and Midwest states. The NE-MW Regional Prescribed Fire Council Coordinating Group (NEMWRPFCCG) is a regional group of the National Coalition of Prescribed Fire Councils.
Organizations and Resources
- National Coalition of Prescribed Fire Councils – The overarching goal of the Coalition is to create one voice to assist fire practitioners, policymakers, regulators, and citizens with issues surrounding prescribed fire use.
- State Prescribed Fire Councils (Northeast Region) – Organized at the state and local level, Prescribed Fire Councils connect individuals from public agencies and institutions, non-governmental organizations, and the private sector who use prescribed fire as a land management tool. The Councils typically meet one to two times a year, and these meetings consist of presentations, reports, and updates; continuing education credits are often available for attendees.
- Prescribed Burn Associations – A Prescribed Burn Association (PBA) is a group of landowners and other concerned citizens that form a partnership to conduct prescribed burns. Association members pool their knowledge, man-power and equipment to help other people in their association conduct prescribed burns.
- Insights and Suggestions for Certified Prescribed Burn Manager Programs – by Megan S. Matonis, Forest Stewards Guild. provides invaluable insights about best practices and lessons learned for certified prescribed burn manager programs.
- NE RPFCCG Networking Forums
- Northeast RSC Prescribed Fire Resource Guide