Northeast – Midwest Regional Prescribed Fire Science and Management Workshop
20 States; One Shared Mission
August 29-31, 2023
A workshop for all wildland fire management partners across the 20 state NE-MW region to share region-wide, science-based, fire ecology information oriented toward expanding and maintaining the use of prescribed fire across all landscapes, jurisdictions, and fire-dependent ecosystems.
Northeast Regional Strategy Committee (NE RSC), a regional organization chartered by the national Wildland Fire Leadership Council (WFLC) to coordinate and support implementation of the National Cohesive Wildland Fire Management Strategy across the 20 Northeast and Midwest states.
This regional workshop will:
- Provide a forum for all wildland fire management partners to share region-wide, science-based, fire ecology information oriented toward expanding and maintaining the use of prescribed fire across all landscapes, jurisdictions, and fire-dependent ecosystems.
- Provide an opportunity for scientists, managers, and practitioners across the 20-state region to share prescribed fire related experiences, successes, and potential solutions to implementation challenges.
- Provide an opportunity for agency leaders and managers to interact with state prescribed fire councils and other key partners.
- Serve has a model for future annual or biennial workshops.
Program Schedule - coming soon!
Watch for registration to open in May
- Early bird rate – $300 (until July 1)
- Regular rate – $350 (after July 1)
- One day rate – $125
- Student rate – $200
Venue and Accommodations
The Madison Concourse Hotel
1 W Dayton Street
Madison, WI 53703
We have reserved a block of rooms at the workshop venue at the federal per diem rate of $131 + tax.
Reserve your room by July 28th to be guaranteed the best rate.
Sponsorship and Exhibitors
In addition to the robust program, we will be hosting an exhibition for those interested in gaining excellent exposure to 250 + individuals who will come together in Madison. The audience will include Federal, State, and local decision makers at all levels. There will be 5 hours of dedicated time with the workshop attendees, including six 30-minute networking breaks and a two hour evening social on Tuesday.
Exhibitor Table: $650 for commercial display, $450 for non-profit display
- One 8-foot skirted table
- Two chairs
- Wireless internet
- Electricity upon request
- Full registration for one representative
- Invitation to all sessions and social events.
In addition to the sponsorship opportunities listed on the prospectus, we can build tailored sponsorship packages to suit your organization’s needs.
For further information or to secure your preferred sponsorship option please contact Mikel Robinson or (406) 625-7049.
For more information, contact our workshop organizer, Mikel Robinson, Email or Phone (406) 625-7049