In 2019, the many partners of the Northeast Regional Strategy Committee (NE RSC), as part of the national Cohesive Wildland Fire Management Strategy, created a Northeast Wildfire Preparedness Resource Guide to help everyone in the 20 States of the Northeast and Midwest U.S. get started or continue to improve their wildfire preparedness.
This guide has been updated with new information resources and tools from a variety of wildland fire partners to further assist homeowners, communities, local officials, and fire departments plan and prepare for wildland fires and related hazards. New items added include:
- Planning the Wildland-Urban Interface, published by the American Planning Association
- The National Association of Counties (NACo) County Wildfire Playbook: A County Leadership Guide
- Wildland Urban Interface (WUI) toolkit, provided by the FEMA/U.S. Fire Administration
- Wildfire Smoke: A Guide for Public Health Officials 2019, an Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) guide
- Fire Adapted Communities for the Fire Service, a free, online training course by the International Association of Fire Chiefs (IAFC)
- A Preparedness Guide for Firefighters and Their Families, a guide produced by the National Wildfire Coordinating Group (NWCG)
- Review the complete guide at: Northeast Wildfire Preparedness Resource Guide for these resources and more!